2021 Nutrition News
- December 2021: Merry Christmas!
Learn about Diabetes with common symptoms as well as recommended serving sizes for different food groups. Recipe- Christmas Rocks.
- November 2021: Happy Thanksgiving!
Learn about keeping up with medication interactions & different ways to volunteer time to help others. Recipe- Cranberry cheesecake bars.
- October 2021: Breast Cancer Awareness Month
Learn some lifestyle & nutrition changes to reduce risk of breast cancer. Recipe- Butterscotch Apple Dumplings.
- September 2021: Welcome, Fall!
Learn some facts about NY & apple orchards as well as the importance of fiber and getting checked for prostate cancer. Recipe-German Apple Cake.
- August 2021: Dog Days of Summer
Summer is in full swing! This issue talks about the different benefits of exercise. Recipes- Sour Cream Raspberry Pie & Raspberry Tiramisu Trifle.
- July 2021: Upstate NY Farmer's Markets
This issue highlights some facts about Lyme disease with different ways to alter your nutrition to reduce inflammation. Recipe- Lemon Blueberry scones with glaze.
- June 2021: Happy Father's Day!
Learn risks for prostate cancer & ways to balance your diet appropriately for a healthier lifestyle. Included also are some food safety tips for warm weather BBQs. Recipe- "Mancake Pancakes."
- May 2021: Physical Activity & Falls Prevention
This addition stresses the importance of safe physical activity to prevent falls and improve overall health & well being.
- April 2021: Cancer Screening
In addition to screenings, there are certain lifestyle changes you can make that may reduce your overall cancer risk; Nutrition based changes and increasing physical activity.
- March 2021: National Nutrition Month
Learn about how nutritional needs change as you age and some info about healthy bacteria and probiotics.
- February 2021: Healthy Heart Month
Heart healthy Month: Learn tips to help control your diet to fight against heart disease.
- January 2021: Happy New Year!
Happy New Year! Learn about setting attainable goals for better overall health.